Advances in Small Animal Total Joint Replacement – Jeffrey N. Peck, Denis J. Marcellin-Little
Detailní popis produktu
Written by an international group of experts, the book offers guidance on the history, indications, contraindications, clinical procedures, and a review of the current literature for these surgical techniques.
Focusing on replacement of the hip, knee, and elbow, the book also covers disc, shoulder, carpus, and tarsus replacement, as well as information on the development of custom prostheses. Each section incorporates information on potential complications and outcomes assessment. Advances in Small Animal Total Joint Replacement is an unparalleled repository of information for veterinary surgeons, residents, and practitioners with an interest in these procedures.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jeffrey N. Peck, DVM, DACVS, is Staff Surgeon at Affiliated Veterinary Specialists in Maitland, Florida.
Denis J. Marcellin-Little, DEDV, DACVS, DECVS, is Professor of Orthopedic Surgery in the Department of Clinical Sciences at the College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
“This book should be of interest to veterinarians who perform joint replacement surgery or have a specific interest in this topic as well as practitioners who manage small animal patients with advanced joint disease.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 June 2014)
“Advances in Small Animal Total Joint Replacement is a 'must' for any veterinarian's reference library; especially those strong in veterinary surgery, and provides an up-to-date examination of joint replacement procedures.” (Bookwatch, 1 April 2013)
- Offers an overview of the current state of the art for joint replacement in veterinary surgery
- Includes information on biomechanics and biomaterials not available elsewhere in the published literature
- Takes a multi-system approach
- Provides information on potential complications and outcomes assessment for each procedure
- Written by an internationally renowned list of authors
- Part of the Advances in Veterinary Surgery series copublished with the American College of Veterinary Surgeons Foundation
|Kategorie:||Chirurgie & ortopedie & anestezie|