Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses: A Clinical Approach – Robin Sturtz, Lori Asprea
Detailní popis produktu
Written specifically for veterinary technicians and nurses, the book applies anatomy and physiology to clinical practice, with case examples demonstrating clinical relevance. The figures from the book, additional questions and answers, labeling quizzes, teaching PowerPoints, and a dissection video are available online at www.wiley.com/go/sturtz. This introduction to body system analysis of normal structure and function is a must-have resource for students of veterinary technology and nursing, as well as a useful quick review for the busy professional.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Robin Sturtz, DVM, is Associate Director of the Veterinary Technology program at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, New York and Associate Veterinarian at The Cat Hospital in Williston Park, New York.
Lori Asprea, LVT, is a licensed veterinary technologist at Animal Medical Center in New York City, New York.
“This text is a nice addition to the reference library for veterinary technicians and nursing staff as well as a great resource for veterinary technician students.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 September 2013)
“Studying anatomy and physiology can be a bit tedious but with this book, things should be easier.” (Vet Nurses Today, 1 July 2013)
“This is an easy-to-navigate, useful resource for veterinary technicians .” (Doody’s, 10 May 2013)
Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses companion website features the figures from the book in PowerPoint, questions and answers, labeling quizzes, teaching PowerPoints, and a dissection video.
- Discusses anatomy and physiology in separate sections to promote a fuller understanding
- Allows the reader to build a complete understanding of anatomy to better understand complex physiological concepts
- Focuses on clinical relevance, with case scenarios for each chapter
- Poses questions for self-assessment and to aid comprehension
- Emphasizes dogs and cats, with notes on horses, birds, and ruminants
- Includes access to a website with the figures from the book, additional questions and answers, labeling quizzes, teaching PowerPoints, and a dissection video at wiley.com/go/sturtz