Antimicrobial Therapy in Veterinary Medicine, 5th Edition – Steeve Giguere, John F. Prescott, Patricia M. Dowling
Detailní popis produktu
Now with a new chapter on antimicrobial therapy in zoo animals, Antimicrobial Therapy in Veterinary Medicine offers a wealth of invaluable information for appropriately prescribing antimicrobial therapies and shaping public policy.
Divided into four sections covering general principles of antimicrobial therapy, classes of antimicrobial agents, special considerations, and antimicrobial drug use in multiple animal species, the text is enhanced by tables, diagrams, and photos. Antimicrobial Therapy in Veterinary Medicine is an essential resource for anyone concerned with the appropriate use of antimicrobial drugs, including veterinary practitioners, students, public health veterinarians, and industry and research scientists.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Steeve Giguere, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, is Professor of Large Animal Internal Medicine and the Marguerite Hodgson Chair in Equine Studies at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, in Athens, Georgia.
John F. Prescott, MA, VetMB, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Pathobiology at the University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario.
Patricia M. Dowling, DVM, MS, DACVIM, DACVCP, is Professor of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
“Overall, this book provides an excellent resource for the whole topic of veterinary prescribing of antibacterial and antifungal drugs from both a veterinary clinical and a public health viewpoint.” (Veterinary Record, 31 May 2014)
“The result is a solid textbook highly recommended for any veterinary reference library.” (Midwest Book Review, 1 March 2014)
- Presents a comprehensive reference on veterinary applications for antimicrobial drugs, written by leaders in the field
- Provides a fully up-to-date, current resource on antimicrobial therapy, with updates through the book
- Features a new chapter on antimicrobial therapy in zoological species
- Covers common infectious diseases and appropriate dosages for frequently used antimicrobial agents in many species
- Offers tables, diagrams, and photos to supplement the text
|Kategorie:||Farmakologie & toxikologie & chemie|