Biology, Medicine, and Surgery of Elephants – Murray Fowler, Susan K. Mikota
Detailní popis produktu
Based on the expertise of 36 scientists and clinical veterinarians, this volume covers biology, husbandry, veterinary medicine and surgery of the elephant as known today.
- Written by the foremost experts in the field
- Comprehensively covers both Asian and African elephants
- Complete with taxonomy, behavioral, geographical and systemic information
- Well-illustrated and organized for easy reference
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Murray Fowler, DVM, is Professor Emeritus of Zoological Medicine at the School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA. Most recently, he has been a part-time employee of Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey’s Circus. His previous publications include Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine, Fifth Edition (2003); Restraint and Handling of Wild and Domestic Animals (Blackwell Publishing, 1995); Medicine and Surgery of South American Camelids (Blackwell Publishing, 1998);and Biology, Medicine and Surgery of South American Wild Animals (Blackwell Publishing, 2001).
Susan Mikota, DVM, is a co-founder and Director of Veterinary Programs and Research for Elephant Care International, the first nonprofit organization devoted to elephant healthcare. Her previous publications include Medical Management of Elephants (1994) and several book chapters on elephants.
"This is the only definitive text on these species and should be available at every institution that may be involved, even peripherally, with elephants."
- First complete text covering all aspects of elephant management in any language.
- Authors will be selected for their expertise in elephant management. Contributors will come from Europe, Africa, Southeast Asia and the United States.
- Comprehensive reference lists for further study by readers
- Includes elephant drug formulary