Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses – Julie Shaw, Debbie Martin
Detailní popis produktu
Covering the roles of animal behavior professionals, normal development of dogs and cats, and the human-animal bond, the book includes correlations from human mental health care throughout. The book encompasses learning theory, preventive behavioral services, standardized behavior modification terms and techniques, and veterinary behavior pharmacology. Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is an essential resource for veterinary technicians to realize their full potential and become a pivotal component of the behavioral health care team for canine and feline patients.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Julie Shaw, RVT, VTS (Behavior), KPA-CTP, was the Senior Animal Behavior Technologist at Purdue University for 13 years and is now an owner of TEAM Education in Animal Behavior, LLC, in Spicewood, Texas, USA.
Debbie Martin, RVT, CPDT-KA, KPA CTP, VTS (Behavior), is the Animal Behavior Technician for Veterinary Behavior Consultations, LLC, and an owner of TEAM Education in Animal Behavior, LLC, in Spicewood, Texas, USA.
"Veterinary technicians are in the primary and pivotal position to prevent behavior problems, protect and strengthen the human animal bond and be the catalyst for Fear Free veterinary visits. This book has been long needed and will help your hospital reach those goals. Achieve these goals and you thrive, it's that simple. This book is a must have in every veterinary hospital library. Read it and reap (the benefits)!"
Dr. Marty Becker "America's Veterinarian"
"Taking the pet out of petrified...puts pets back into practices"
"There are few people with the breadth of experience as Julie Shaw to understand the importance of an integrated team approach to problem behaviour management, and even fewer who can communicate so articulately. Julie is a rare talent and this book is a "must have" for every veterinary clinic."
Daniel S. Mills BVSc PhD CBiol FSB FHEA CCAB Dip ECAWBM(BM) MRCVS
European & RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine
“I believe it will be a great resource for veterinary technicians and anyone else interested in the clinical veterinary behavior of dogs and cats.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 March 2015)
Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses companion website video clips, additional images, review questions, formula calculations, and quick reference guides.
- Equips veterinary technicians with a thorough grounding in behavioral medicine to help them better understand and care for their patients
- Presents practical information for managing canine and feline behavior cases
- Focuses on the technician’s central role in behavior medicine, emphasizing opportunities for coordinating and assisting the behavioral health care team to ensure that it is effective and efficient
- Offers advice on effective client communication to better educate pet owners and assist the veterinarian with behavioral intervention
- Provides a full understanding of the behavioral, mental, and emotional needs of canine and feline patients
- Includes access to a companion website offering forms, handouts, review questions, and the images from the book for download at wiley.com/go/shaw/behavior