Cattle Behaviour and Welfare, 2nd Edition – Clive Phillips
Detailní popis produktu
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Clive Phillips is the author of Cattle Behaviour and Welfare, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction to Cattle Welfare.
- The Welfare of Dairy Cows.
- The Welfare of Beef Cattle and Draft Oxen.
- The Welfare of Calves.
- The Welfare of Cattle During Transport, Marketing and Slaughter.
- Environmental Perception and Cognition.
- Acquisition of Behaviour and the Use of Selective Breeding to Improve Welfare.
- Play Behaviour.
- Social Behaviour.
- Nutritional Behaviour.
- Reproductive Behaviour.
- Locomotion and Movement.
- Resting Behaviour.
- Behavioural Adaptation to Inadequate Environments.
- The Relationship Between Cattle and Man.
* gives comprehensive scientific explanation of the behaviours many veterinarians and stockpeople will be familiar with but never understood
* one of the only books dedicated to the field of behaviour and welfare of cattle
* now includes welfare, an increasingly important subject for stockpeople and vets alike
* draws together a wide range of research findings from all over the world and presents them concisely and readably.