Clinical Small Animal Care: Promoting Patient Health through Preventative Nursing – Kimm Wuestenberg
Detailní popis produktu
Taking a hands-on approach to the fundamentals of clinical practice, the book gives specific advice for how to perform tasks associated with patient care. Chapters begin with basic information on topics such as husbandry and nutrition, then move into more specialized information on applied nursing and the care of tubes and catheters. The final section presents information on caring for animals with a variety of conditions organized by body system. Clinical Small Animal Care: Promoting Patient Health through Preventative Nursing offers veterinary technicians and nurses with achievable steps for improving health in their small animal patients.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kimm Wuestenberg, CVT, VTS (ECC, SAIM) is a Certified Veterinary Technician Specialist in Emergency/Critical Care and Small Animal Internal Medicine in Phoenix, Arizona.
“These additional materials make this a reasonably priced practice resource.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 March 2013)
“Clinical Small Animal Care: Promoting Patient Health through preventative nursing provides a fine introduction to daily veterinary practice from initial animal assessment to the management of specific common diseases, and offers keys to best practices in veterinary care. Vet technicians and students alike will find this offers step-by-step descriptions of the basic tasks of a veterinary office, offering all the basics on patient care in a fine survey recommended for any college-level veterinary student and collections catering to them.” (Midwest Book Reviews, 1 October 2012)
“Best practices for promoting small animal health accompany hands-on skills for assessing and monitoring the small animal, making for a powerful review perfect for newcomers to veterinary science and clinical work.” (Midwest Book Reviews, 1 September 2012)
“Written by a very experienced veterinary technician (this is what vet nurses are called in the US), this book includes all the must do’s and know-how of day to day veterinary practice … This publication should also be read when designing a clinic to avoid the too frequent blatant welfare denials seen in some hospitals.” (Vet Nurses Today, 2012)
Clinical Small Animal Care companion website features images available for download and editable forms.
- Provides practical how-to guidance on performing tasks associated with veterinary care
- Focuses on avoiding complications, ensuring that the treatment doesn’t introduce new health issues
- Offers step-by-step descriptions of the basic skills required of veterinary technicians and assistants
- Gives hands-on, clinically relevant information for assessing, treating, and monitoring small animal patients
- Covers topics ranging from basic hygiene and feeding to perioperative management and hospice care
- Includes access to a companion website with images available for download and editable forms at wiley.com/go/wuestenberg