Design the Dream: A Veterinarian's Preconstruction Primer – Thomas E. Catanzaro
Detailní popis produktu
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Thomas E. Catanzaro, DVM, MHA, FACHE, Diplomate, American College of Healthcare Executives, is owner of Catanzaro & Associates, Inc., and author of a number of ISP books. The book includes material from eight architects (Daniel D. Chapel, Tony L. Cochrane, Lawrence A. Gates, Paul Gladysz, Mark R. Hafen, Sam Salahi, Mark Schmidt, Wayne Usiak, and Veterinary Practice Consultants® authors Steve Amsberry, Thomas E. Catanzaro, Robert W. Deegan, and Thom A. Haig.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction—Insights and Perspectives.
- Planning Needs.
- The Design Team.
- Design Scope & Fees.
- Design Elements.
- Production Documents.
- Public Relations.
- The Building of the Practice Team and Other Mega Ideas.
- Expanded Facility Planning Process.
* Provides guidance based on the consultant team of specialists’ visits to over 2,500 hospitals in the past decade.
* Describes the process of creating a new building (or altering an existing one) from conception to construction initiation.
* Explains programming and design in sufficient detail to establish a common language and understanding between the veterinarians and practice managers/administrators and the architects and engineers.
* Sparks creativity with example flow diagrams and floor plans that provide a starting point for adaptation to individual needs.
* Offers criteria to evaluate design concepts and guidance for individualization.
* Ensures that each potential veterinary practice can access the needed resources before investing their future earnings.