Dog Health & Nutrition For Dummies – M. Christine Zink
Detailní popis produktu
- Basic canine healthcare
- Feeding your dog
- Recognizing and treating common maladies
- Caring for the canine senior
- How to choose and work with a vet
- Your dog’s anatomy with detailed illustrations
- Canine first aid
- Drug therapy for dogs
- Maintaining your dog’s health with nutrition and exercise
- Common household hazards
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Christine Zink, DVM, PhD, presents Coaching the Canine Athlete seminars and regularly writes for dog magazines. She is a canine sports medicine consultant and a professor at Johns Hopkins University.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART I: Basic Health Care.
Chapter 1: Canine Health 101.
Chapter 2: Preventing Problems before They Start.
Chapter 3: Working with Your Dog's Vet.
PART II: Food, Glorious Food!
Chapter 4: The Building Blocks of Good Nutrition.
Chapter 5: Feeding Your Hungry Hound.
Chapter 6: Supplementing Your Dog's Diet.
Chapter 7: Good Ol' Home Cookin'.
Chapter 8: Meeting Your Dog's Special Nutritional Needs.
PART III: Recognizing and Treating Common Maladies.
Chapter 9: Innerspace: How Your Dog's Body Works.
Chapter 10: Tackling Common Ailments.
Chapter 11: Fighting Off the Bugs That Want Your Dog.
Chapter 12: Canine First Aid.
Chapter 13: Drug Therapy for Dogs.
Chapter 14: Complementary and Alternative Therapies.
PART IV: Health for the Body and Soul.
Chapter 15: Stocking Up on the Supplies You and Your Dog Need.
Chapter 16: Getting the Lead Out: Exercising Your Dog.
Chapter 17: We Want You!: Enrolling Your Dog in Basic Training.
PART V: Caring for the Canine Senior.
Chapter 18: Helping Your Dog Age Gracefully.
Chapter 19: Coping with Cancer.
Chapter 20: Making the Difficult Decision to End Your Dog's Life.
PART VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten Great Dog Health and Nutrition Web Resources.
Chapter 22: Ten Signs of Illness to Watch For.
Chapter 23: Ten Ways to Keep Your Dog Healthy.
Chapter 24: Ten Household Hazards.
Book Registration Information.