Equine Behaviour: Principles and Practice – Daniel S. Mills, Kathryn J. Nankervis
Detailní popis produktu
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Daniel Mills BVSc, MRCVS is a Veterinary Surgeon and Senior Lecturer in Behavioural Studies at De Montfort University, Lincoln, from where he also runs a referral behaviour clinic, and Kathryn Nankervis BSC (Hons), MSc is a Lecturer in Equine Physiology at De Montfort University, Lincoln. She is also the founder of the Equi-Tutor Learning Programme.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART ONE: Understanding Behaviour Concepts.
- Approaches to the Study of Behaviour.
- Origins of behaviour.
- The Evolutionary History of the Horse.
- The Lifetime Development of Behavior..
PART TWO: Mechanisms of Behaviour.
- The processing of Information.
- The Special Senses.
- Communication and Social Organisation.
- Sexual and reproductive behaviour of Horses..
PART THREE: The Flexibility of behaviour and its Management.
9.Learning and Training.
* A readable, practical scientific text at a reasonable price for students and owners
* Other texts dealing with horse behaviour and its management tend to be prescriptive and cannot be universally applied
* Unique qualified authoring team who understand the needs of owners, trainers, students and horses
* Clarification of key concepts through the extensive use of illustrations
|Nakladatel:||Wiley-Blackwell (14 Oct. 1998)|
|Rozměry:||17.4 x 1.3 x 24.6 cm|