Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2nd Edition – Kurt A. Grimm, William J. Tranquilli, Leigh A. Lamont
Detailní popis produktu
The Second Edition has been updated to reflect current practices in anesthesia and analgesia, and a new companion website offers review questions and answers, video clips, and an image bank with additional figures not found in the printed book. Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia, Second Edition provides veterinary care providers and students with key information on anesthetic and analgesic pharmacology, physiology, patient assessment, and clinical case management.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kurt A. Grimm, DVM, MS, PhD, DACVA, DACVCP, is the Founder of Veterinary Specialist Services, Conifer, Colorado.
William J. Tranquilli, DVM, MS, DACVA, is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine and the President of Veterinary Outdoor Recreation and Continuing Education (VORCE) Inc.
Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, DACVA, is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- The book has been restructured from the previous edition, with many chapters reworked.
- The first-edition chapter on anesthesia management of patients with disease has been replaced by seven new chapters on anesthesia for patients with specific disease written specifically for this book.
- Offers an increased focus on pain management.
- The first edition was presented entirely in outline format, but the second is written in a narrative (but still accessible) format.
- Now includes a companion website with review questions and answers; additional figures and video from the authors’ (very well known) Made Easy book with Teton New Media may also be included.
- New editors Kurt Grimm and Leigh Lamont
- Information on non-mammal exotics has been removed since these are significantly different and the previous edition coverage didn’t do them justice
- Information on euthanasia has been removed (in line with Lumb and Jones) because this is too complex of a subject for a single chapter
“This book fulfils its role very well and actually goes beyond the essentials without being overwhelming. It is a good resource at an affordable price that will be useful for veterinary students, veterinarians, veterinary technicians, interns, and residents alike.” (Journal of The American Veterinary Medical Association, 16 September 2012)
“This information will allow young practitioners to be able to communicate with staff members and owners about the benefits of pain management in pets. It will also equip them to be able to explain the methods for improving comfort in pets which can sometimes include massage and acupuncture.” (Tomorrow's Vets, 1 January 2013)
“Overall, this is a helpful review and quick reference for all veterinary professionals and students. Unlike other books covering anesthesia, this one provides a basic and quick reference guide that is an excellent resource for students and veterinary professionals alike.” (Doody’s, 27 April 2012)
"All in all, it's a nice little textbook that I expect will look as well thumbed as the BSAVA's drug formulary within a few months." (Veterinary Record, 20 November 2011)
"This book should be a part of every student's library, whether veterinary or technician. I extend many thanks to Wiley-Blackwell for giving me the opportunity to read and review this excellent textbook." (Examiner.com, 31 October 2011)
features review questions and answers, video clips, and an image bank with additional figures not found in the printed book.
- Practical, user-friendly distillation of Lumb and Jones’ Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Combines the authority of Lumb and Jones’with the accessibility of a quick-reference manual
- Allows readers to easily delve deeper into the subject matter by referencing information to Lumb and Jones’
- Offers new chapters on equipment and management of patients with specific conditions
- Fully revised throughout, with updated chapters and an increased focus on pain management
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions, videos, and an image bank at wiley.com/go/grimm
|Kategorie:||Chirurgie & ortopedie & anestezie|