Finding Your Super Horse – Lynn Palm
Detailní popis produktu
For six decades, Lynn Palm has been a mainstay of the horse training, showing, and clinicing industry. Her successes in diversity in training and the development of willingness and ability across disciplines are unparalleled. She has four Superhorse Titles—a prize awarded to a horse that demonstrates a broad skillset and proficiency in multiple sports. In these pages, Lynn shares the eight keys to her success in training and competing, and how you, too—whether you're eventing or ranch riding—can shape a horse with a good attitude, correct movement, healthy biomechanics, and top-notch conditioning. A “Superhorse” will take you farther for longer, and you'll enjoy every minute of it.
Readers will learn how:
- Not all knowledge is good knowledge, and which knowledge is best.
- Groundwork in the form of in-hand, longeing, liberty work, long-lining, and trick training is integral to attaining training goals
- To incorporate longevity training with progressive lessons that have the “long game” in mind
- The rider's ability directly impacts the horse's
- A competitive edge serves both the recreational rider and the one who shows
- To overcome the inevitable challenges when training a horse and facing questions of persistence versus suitability
- We need to do better for the horse in equestrian sport
- “Giving back” to the industry provides a foundation for Superhorses for generations to come
With a rich mix of stories curated from years of horse adventures, practical ideas you can put to work in your own arena, and exercises to incorporate in your daily practice, Finding Your Superhorse is the rare inspiring read that teaches. Throughout, Lynn's warmth of character and intense commitment to horses, horse people, and improving the industry that has given her a life and a livelihood shine through, guiding us all toward what's possible and the “super” in every horse.
For more than 50 years, Lynn Palm has championed the partnership of horse and rider. An international clinician and competitor, she travels extensively teaching the fundamentals of Palm Equestrian Academy throughout the country and abroad. Lynn is an American Quarter Horse Association judge and holds her USEF R Western Dressage Judge’s License. She continues to compete in both the United States Dressage Federation and the Western Dressage Association of America. Palm’s competition record is second to none, having earned four AQHA Superhorse titles, over 30 AQHA World and Reserve Championships, several AQHA European Championships, more than a dozen WDAA World Championships, 15 USDF All Breed Awards Champions, and most recently the Dressage and Western Dressage Championships at the AQHA World Show. Lynn and her husband, Cyril Pittion-Rossillon, lead annual European Journeys, and she presents Winning Ways with Western Dressage alongside Marie-Frances Davis. Lynn is also an author who frequently contributes articles to leading equine publications along with an active online community. Her extensive educational library of videos and books can be found online (lynnpalm.com).
|KNIHY O KONÍCH