Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, 2nd Edition – Edward J. Noga
Detailní popis produktu
Diseases are discussed following a systems-based approach to ensure a user-friendly and practical manual for identifying problems.
Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition is the must-have reference for any aquaculturists, aquatic biologists, or fish health specialists dealing with diagnosing or treating fish diseases.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Edward J. Noga, MS, DVM, is Professor of Aquatic Medicine (College of Veterinary Medicine) and Adjunct Professor of Zoology (College of Agriculture and Life Science) at North Carolina State University, in Raleigh, North Carolina, and Adjunct Professor of Marine Science (Center for Marine Science) at the University of North Carolina in Wilmington, North Carolina.
"The second edition of Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment is a welcome update of the 1996 original. Enlarged to include 130 pages of new information and generously illustrated with color photographs and black-and-white diagrams, this text should serve as a resource for practitioners who occasionally treat pet fish as well as for dedicated fish disease diagnosticians. Reasonably priced, this comprehensive text is a useful addition to the library of any veterinarian engaged in fish medicine and diagnostics. (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, December 2010)
"This is a welcome expansion of the first edition. It offers a much expanded clinical methods section, several new and/or newly organized problems, and presentation of enhanced and updated treatment options. Altogether, new information has increased the page count by 130 pages. This book remains unique in its clinical as well as academic usefulness. The clinical focus makes it stand out from other important fish medicine and disease references, and its ease of use makes it a popular first choice of professionals in the field." (Doody's, December 2010)
"The second updated edition of Edward J. Noga's FISH DISEASE: DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT (9780813806976) is a 'must' for any aquatic biologist or fish health specialist. The newly updated edition expands clinical work-up insights, coverage of fish pathogen identification, and more, providing updates on diagnosis, treatment, and issues affecting overall environmental health. The result is a top pick filled with technical detail and the latest research, recommended for any college-level collection!" (The Midwest Book Review, October 2010)
- Offers an expanded clinical workup section to include recently developed, as well as more specialized, diagnostic procedures
- Expands coverage of molecular methods for fish pathogen identification
- Provides coverage of many newly prominent and recently discovered diseases
- Expands the Pharmacopoeia section with both new drugs and dosing regimens.
- Incorporates greater discussion of diseases and treatments as they relate to environmental and public health
- Provides updates on other health protection strategies, including commercially available diagnostic tests and vaccines
- Expands coverage of the principles and practice of biosecurity
|Kategorie:||Ptáci & ryby|