Hand-Rearing Birds, 2nd Edition – Rebecca S. Duerr, Laurie J. Gage
Detailní popis produktu
Hand-Rearing Birds, Second Edition presents 50 chapters, including 12 new chapters on species or groups of species not featured in the previous edition. It also features color photographs that help illustrate many concepts pertinent to birds. This important reference:
- Offers a detailed guide to hand-rearing techniques including species-specific guides to caring for and raising young birds
- Covers a wide variety of avian species and taxonomic groups
- Discusses how to examine a chick to identify problems such as hypothermia, dehydration, injuries, and common diseases, and what to do
- Combines information on the science and skill needed to successfully hand-rear birds
- Presents full-color photographs throughout
Hand-Rearing Birds, Second Edition is an essential resource for avian rehabilitators, breeders, veterinarians, and zoo staff.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rebecca S. Duerr, DVM, MPVM, PhD, is Clinical Veterinarian and Research Director at International Bird Rescue in California, USA.
Laurie J. Gage, DVM, DACZM, is a zoo and wildlife veterinarian from northern California, USA.
“The second edition of Hand-Rearing Birds is an impressive update that is a must-have resource for anyone who is in the position of raising young birds…. The text, although extensive, is a pleasure to read. It contains many useful tips and tricks for working with each unique species. This book is the ultimate resource for anyone looking for a comprehensive yet practical guide to raising many of the world’s wonderful feathered creatures.” - JAVMA | DEC 15, 2020 | VOL 257 | NO. 12
|Kategorie:||Ptáci & ryby|