Introduction to Horse Nutrition – Zoe Davies
Detailní popis produktu
- Student friendly, with key summary points at the end of each chapter and lots of helpful tables and images.
- Covers the fundamentals of horse nutrition including daily nutrient requirements (using the latest National Research Council data).
- Information on nutraceuticals and the nutritional management of health-related problems, such as Equine Metabolic Syndrome, Laminitis and PPID (Cushing’s syndrome).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Zoe Davies is a consultant equine nutritionist, a former lecturer in equine science, an author, columnist, and external examiner for higher education courses. She is one of the few registered Equine Nutritionists in the UK, and has substantial experience in equine management.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Reader’s Perspective.
1 The Horse as a Herbivore.
2 Structure and Function of the Equine Digestive System.
3 Food and Biological Molecules.
6 Energy – Fuel for Life.
7 Forage for Horses.
9 Feed Supplements, Additives and Nutraceuticals.
10 Formulating a Ration.
11 Feeding Different Types of Horses.
12 Diet Related Problems.
Appendix 1 Nutritional Requirements Tables.
Appendix 2 Nutrient Composition of Feedstuffs.
Appendix 3 Modern Rules of Feeding.
Appendix 4 Conversion Factors.
"The author has written the most readable book on equine nutrition I've ever seen [and] has managed to make a difficult and cumbersome subject very manageable. ... This is the most useful, most readable nutrition book I have ever used. ... Students using this book will retain more basic nutrition knowledge than those sutdying more ration-based books." (Doody's, April 2010)
"A guide to feeding your horse, including insightful diagrams and tables, and up-to-date nutritional information." (Horse Magazine, February 2010)
- Student friendly: specially written to cater for students who lack previous scientific knowledge or find science difficult.
- Covers the current syllabus set out by Edexcel and the British Horse Society.
- Up-to-date coverage of topics helpful to all horse owners.
- Covers basic chemistry of nutrition which no other feeding book does at this level.
|Rozměry:||17.3 x 1.4 x 24.6 cm|