Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies – Deborah Britt-Hay
Detailní popis produktu
Despite their winsome ways, Jack Russell Terriers aren’t for everyone. It takes time, patience, and an unmistakable sense of humor to tolerate their endless antics and tireless energy. For thousands of dog owners across the country, however, no other breed is worth considering. Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies is the guide for you if
- You're thinking of owning a Jack Russell Terrier
- You just brought a new puppy home
- You are curious about this popular breed
- You already own a JRT and want to know more about its temperament
Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies shows you how to cope with the breed's high energy levels and odd but common behaviors. You'll become acquainted with the breed standard and look at common faults. This book also covers the following topics and more:
- Distinguishing between a pet dog and a show dog
- Deciding if a puppy or an adult dog is best for you
- Puppy-proofing your house
- Understanding guidelines for obedience training and agility training,
- Dealing with behavioral problems such as separation anxiety, aggression, and barking
- Finding a great veterinarian
- Knowing how to care for your pet: Health, grooming, exercise
- Dealing with health concerns specific to JRTs
Jack Russell Terriers are cute, charming, and very smart. They're a big dog in a little dog’s body and are fun, fearless, and funny to be around. Remember, however, that they also are pushy, extremely active, and have a voracious appetite for attention. Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies will help you make sure you’re making a well-educated, conscious choice to purchase one of these little white tornadoes and to give you the knowledge to keep your sanity after the decision has been made.
P.S. If you think this book seems familiar, you’re probably right. The Dummies team updated the cover and design to give the book a fresh feel, but the content is the same as the previous release of Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies (9780764552687). The book you see here shouldn’t be considered a new or updated product. But if you’re in the mood to learn something new, check out some of our other books. We’re always writing about new topics!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Deborah Britt-Hay has been breeding and training Jack Russell Terriers for years. She finds that her dogs make great companions for her family and her horses.