Manual for Treatment and Control of Lameness in Cattle – Sarel van Amstel, Jan Shearer
Detailní popis produktu
Manual for Treatment and Control of Lameness in Cattle includes:
- clear illustrations of anatomical features of the bovine foot
- detailed photographs of lesions
- discussion on the practical aspect of functional and corrective trimming
- references for veterinarians, animals/dairy scientists, commercial hoof trimmers, dairy farmers and dairy health technicians
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sarel R. Van Amstel BVSc, Dip. Med. Vet., M. Med. Vet., Diplomate ABVP, is Professor in the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences at the University of Tennessee.
J.K. Shearer DVM, MS is Professor in the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences at the University of Florida.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: An Introduction to Cattle Lameness.
Chapter 2: Horn Formation and Growth.
Chapter 3: Nutrition and Claw Health.
Chapter 4: Biomechanics of Weight (Load) Bearing and Claw Trimming.
Chapter 5: Laminitis.
Chapter 6: Pain Management.
Chapter 7: Upper Leg Lameness.
Chapter 8: Infectious Claw Disease.
Chatper 9: Cattle Behavior, Cow-Friendly Facilities and Proper Handling.
Chapter 10: Footbaths for the Management of Infectious Skin Disorders of the Foot and Hoof Knife Sharpening.
- Up to date information on common lameness conditions of cattle
- Emphasizes the practical aspect of functional and corrective trimming
- Covers the anatomy and pathology of the bovine foot
- Illustrations of anatomical features
- Detailed photographs of lesions