Noordsy's Food Animal Surgery, 5th Edition – N. Kent Ames
Detailní popis produktu
Beginning with chapters on general surgical considerations, restraint, and anesthesia, the book’s main focus is on step-by-step procedures for specific surgical techniques. The Fifth Edition has been thoroughly updated throughout to provide a current resource, with additional information on welfare, pain management, and anesthesia. Noordsy’s Food Animal Surgery is an essential purchase for practitioners and students wanting to develop or refresh their surgical skills.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kent Ames, DVM, MS, is a food animal clinician at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
“Overall, this book continues to be a first-rate resource for anyone performing food animal surgery, whether daily or once a year. It will make an excellent addition to the library of any practitioner who treats food animal species.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 June 2014)
Noordsy's Food Animal Surgery, Fifth Edition companion website features figures from the book in PowerPoint and study questions and answers.
- Fully updated new edition of the classic food animal surgery field manual
- Ideal for quick reference in the field, with an outline format incorporating information boxes, tables, drawings, and photographs throughout
- Includes a new section on pain management
- Presents the newest protocols for anesthetic induction and short term chemical immobilization, tips for using drug combinations, and the latest general anesthesia techniques
- Acts as a useful guide for developing surgical skills or as a memory aid during a procedure
- Includes access to a companion website offering figures from the book in PowerPoint and study questions and answers in Word at www.wiley.com/go/amesfoodanimalsurgery
|Chirurgie & ortopedie & anestezie