Notes on Feline Internal Medicine, 2nd Edition – Kit Sturgess
Detailní popis produktu
The book is divided into four sections:
• Section 1 gives an overview of some key areas of feline medicine including paediatric and geriatric medicine.
• Section 2 focuses on the approach to common presenting signs and differential diagnosis of commonly used haematologic and biochemical parameters.
• Section 3 presents an organ system based approach
• Section 4 covers feline infectious diseases.
A selection of useful texts and websites for further reading are included at the end of the book.
CHANGES FOR THIS EDITION
• Stronger focus is placed on initial testing for a disease, and what changes might be expected.
• Additional sections have been added on sedation and anaesthesia, health screening, oncology and emergency and critical care.
• More diagrams added to aid understanding.
• Care taken to avoid repetition and focus placed on common conditions.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr Kit Sturgess is an RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Medicine (Internal Medicine). He has been seeing referral small animal medicine cases for the past 20 years both at university-based and private specialist practices. Having established a highly successful small animal referral centre, Kit now concentrates on veterinary education and support for general practitioners, as well as providing locum specialist internal medicine services. He has authored numerous articles as well as presenting lectures and research abstracts at conferences worldwide
“This book will be a welcome resource for veterinary and graduate students who are studying the fascinating and increasingly complex subject of immunology. It is reasonably priced for practicing veterinarians who want to review the mechanisms or diagnosis of immune-mediated or immunodeficiency diseases or brush up on the concepts of vaccinology.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 September 2014)
“Students will find the format more accessible than most and will welcome this fine survey!.” (Midwest Book Review, 1 May 2014)
“This little book is an example of how ‘first impressions can be deceiving’. It is quite simply a little gem and deserves its place on the bookshelf next to Ettinger.” (Veterinary Record, 21 December 2013)
“In this book Kit Sturgess has provided a high class reference ‘pocket guide’ to feline internal medicine. It follows an evidence-based format and is in my opinion a useful book to have on any veterinarian’s bookshelf. This book will be viewed time and time again, and should be considered essential reading for veterinary students and recently qualified vets in first opinion practice.” (EJCAP, 1 October 2013)
|Kategorie:||Psi a kočky & malá zvířata|