Oncology for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses – Antony S. Moore, Angela E. Frimberger
Detailní popis produktu
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Antony S. Moore, BVSc, MVSc, Diplomate ACVIM (Oncology), is co-director of Veterinary Oncology Consultants, Australia, and an Adjunct Professor on the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney, Australia.
Angela E. Frimberger, VMD, Diplomate ACVIM (Oncology), is co-director of Veterinary Oncology Consultants, Australia, and an Adjunct Senior Lecturer on the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney, Australia.
"A comprehensive and unique resource for veterinary technicians, nurses, students, and assistants who care for dogs and cats with cancer. The book is aimed primarily at technicians in specialty practices; however, it will be useful to all nursing staff who care for pets with cancer. The treatment section is a great guide for anyone administering or caring for patients receiving radiotherapy or chemotherapy. The real strength of the book is in the coverage of supportive care... and the emphasis on the importance of quality of life. Finally, summaries of common cancers in dogs and cats, as well as appendices for quick reference on commonly used drugs, ensure that this book will be an often-used reference for technicians who care for pets with cancer." (JAVMA, June 2010)
- Comprehensive guide to cancer care aimed at the veterinary technician or nurse
- Emphasizes the technician’s role throughout, including technical procedures, staging, and patient support
- Promotes working as a team to provide optimal cancer care
- Covers topics ranging from treatment strategies to owner support and emergency care, with clinical cases for specific diseases
- Includes appendices for quick reference to essential charts and dosing information