Pain Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses – Mary Ellen Goldberg, Nancy Shaffran
Detailní popis produktu
With information on recognizing and understanding pain, the physiology of pain, pharmacology, and analgesia in different settings, the book outlines how to practice good pain management as an integral part of nursing care. Pain Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses provides both basic and advanced information, allowing students, practicing veterinary technicians and nurses, and veterinary staff alike to take a more active role in pain management and develop a more thorough understanding of this complex subject.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mary Ellen Goldberg, BS, LVT, CVT, SRA, CCRA, is an instructor of Anesthesia and Pain Management at VetMedTeam, LLC. She is on the Board of Directors and Executive Secretary of the International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management and a charter technician member of the American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians.
Nancy Shaffran, CVT, VTS (ECC), is an international professional veterinary educator with an extensive background in critical care and pain management. She is a charter member and past president of the Academy of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Technicians and is president elect of the International Academy of Veterinary Pain Management.
“This book serves as a good reference for many disciplines of veterinary medicine.” (Laboratory Animal Practitioner, 1 August 2015)
“This is an excellent textbook, that I would highly recommend that everyone reads and that each practice has a copy.” (Veterinary Practice, 1 May 2015)
“This book will be a welcome addition to the library of any veterinary clinic or hospital.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 March 2015)
"This book is a worthwhile read and useful source of information both for the intended audience and further afield." (Veterinary Record 2016)
This book is a worthwhile read and useful source of information both for the intended audience and further afield.
Pain Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses companion website features review questions, charts and protocols, videos, and the figures from the book in PowerPoint.
- Offers a complete guide to recognizing and managing pain in a wide variety of veterinary settings
- Emphasizes the technician’s role in caring and advocating for the patient
- Covers a variety of species, from dogs and cats to zoo animals and wildlife
- Features full-color photographs to demonstrate concepts
- Provides the first book on veterinary pain management edited by veterinary technicians for veterinary technicians
- Includes access to a companion website offering review questions, charts and protocols, videos, and the figures from the book in PowerPoint