Poultry Health and Management: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese and Quail, 4th Edition – David Sainsbury
Detailní popis produktu
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr David Sainsbury is a veterinarian that was formerly lectured in Animal Health at the University of Cambridge. He is well known and respected by the poultry industry as a writer, lectured and adviser, and has traveled extensively as a specialist adviser throughout the world, including USA, Russia, Scandinavia, Germany, Italy, South Africa, Angola, Iran, Cyprus, Iraq, Greece, Holland, Belgium, and France. He is also examiner in Animal Health at the several universities, and in a number of overseas countries.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface to First Edition; Preface to Fourth Edition; Acknowledgements; Poultry - their health and management - introduction; Health, disease and intensification; Poultry nutrition; Practical poultry feeding; The environmental requirements of poultry; The poultry house construction & insulation; Ventilation; Hygiene on the poultry farm; Systems of management; Breeding and hatching; The health of poultry; Turkeys; Ducks; Geese; Quail; The management of poultry in hot climates; Poultry welfare and alternative systems; Organic poultry production; Further reading; Index.
"What an excellent little book this is, handy in size and weight and very readable "
"This book should be available to all poultry keepers, where it would be invaluable for easy reference."
Gregor Grant, Veterinary Record
* Still the only text which presents the practical aspects of poultry science and its recent advances concisely, conveniently and readably
* International readership. Poultry husbandry is highly international, with similar management procedures in use throughout the world
* Author's reputation throughout the poultry industry in the UK and overseas as a writer, lecturer and adviser
* Fully updated to reflect changes and trends in the industry
* Dr Sainsbury's lucid and attractive style of writing, and the success of his previous books
* Includes ducks, geese, turkeys and quail