Practical Wildlife Care, 2nd Edition – Les Stocker
Detailní popis produktu
In this edition:
- Essential guidance on handling, first aid, feeding and releasing, and many other disciplines not featured in veterinary or nursing training
- Full of helpful tips from an expert in wildlife rehabilitation who has unparalleled practical experience
- Expanded chapters on the care of all species – particularly casualty badgers, otters and hedgehogs – and more comprehensive guidance on rearing orphaned mammals and birds
- Lots more colour pictures to aid in management and care techniques and the latest information on zoonotic diseases from around the world
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Les Stocker MBE, HonAssocRCVS is the Founder of the Wildlife Hospital Trust, St. Tiggywinkles, Europe's first and the World's busiest wildlife teaching hospital. In 1990 he became a Laureate on winning the Rolex Award for Enterprise. In 1991 he was awarded an MBE for his services to wildlife and in 2002 was granted an Honorary Associateship of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. He is author of a number of best selling books, papers, articles and writer of television programmes on wildlife rehabilitation and is accepted as one of the Country's leading experts on wildlife care.
“Les Stocker’s, Practical Wildlife Care, is jam-packed with an incredible amount of information on wild animal rehabilitation. Stocker’s vast knowledge and experience with wildlife reveals itself in every sentence of the book.” (Suite 101, February 2009)
"If the practice has used and found the first edition useful, this updated edition adds to that resource. If, however, the practice does not have any books on wildlife treatment, then this is an excellent addition to the library." (Vet Times, December 2005)
- Provides fundamental information on the care and release of wildlife casualties and orphans;
- Full of helpful tips from an expert in wildlife rehabilitation who has unparalleled practical experience;
- Includes new material on badgers, pigeons and exotic animals;
- Lots of colour pictures to aid in management and care techniques.