Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant – Kara Burns, Lori Renda-Francis
Detailní popis produktu
With chapters on medical terminology, clinical skills, office procedures, client communication, and more, the book equips veterinary assistants with all the information they need to succeed. A companion website offers interactive multiple-choice questions, the figures from the book in PowerPoint, teaching activities, breed study guides, and a sample cover letter. Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant is a must-have resource for all veterinary assistant students and those studying for the Approved Veterinary Assistant certification exam, and serves as a useful refresher for veterinary assistants in practice.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kara Burns, MS, MEd, LVT, VTS (Nutrition), is President of the Academy of Veterinary Nutrition Technicians.
Lori Renda-Francis, BBA, MA, LVT, PhD, is the Veterinary Technology Program Director for Macomb Community College in Clinton Township, Michigan, USA
“The lovely photos and illustrations make this book an easy tool to use. In addition, there is a website providing further info including teaching modules for your in house learning.” (Vet Nurses Today, 1 October 2015)
“Textbook for the Veterinary Assistantis a well-organized book for veterinary assistants or anyone thinking about working in the veterinary profession. It provides basic comprehensive coverage of veterinary topics including medical technology, anatomy and physiology, radiology, pharmacology, handling and restraint, surgical nursing, and office procedures.” (JAVMA, 15 December 2014)
“Students will appreciate chapters covering medical terminology, clinical skills, office routines and more, while a companion website fills in details with interactive questions, figures from the book in PowerPoint, and more. Step-by-step coverage of the curriculum for vet assistants makes for a key text any vet student must have.” (Midwest Book Review, 1 September 2014)
“This is an easy to read book, which could be dipped in and out of by UK veterinary care assistant students as an addition to the reading list, but it would not replace any of the current texts.” (Veterinary Record, 6 December 2014)
Textbook for the Veterinary Assistant companion website features interactive multiple-choice questions, figures from the book in PowerPoint, teaching assignments, breed study guides, and a sample cover letter.
- Presents practical, step-by-step coverage of the NAVTA-approved curriculum for veterinary assistants
- Serves as a comprehensive review for the Veterinary Assistant certification exam
- Offers complete information using a highly accessible, condensed style and a colorful, easy-to-use layout
- Provides coverage of canine, feline, avian, reptile and equine patients
- Published in association with the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
- Includes access to a companion website with interactive multiple-choice questions, the figures from the book in PowerPoint, teaching activities, breed study guides, and a sample cover letter at www.wiley.com/go/burns/textbookvetassistant