Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia, The 5th of Lumb and Jones – Kurt A. Grimm, Leigh A. Lamont, William J. Tranquilli, Stephen A. Greene, Sheilah A. Robertson
Detailní popis produktu
- Provides a thoroughly updated edition of this comprehensive reference on veterinary anesthesia and analgesia, combining state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and clinically relevant information
- Covers immobilization, sedation, anesthesia, and analgesia of companion, wild, zoo, and laboratory animals
- Takes a body systems approach for easier reference to information about anesthetizing patients with existing conditions
- Adds 10 completely new chapters with in-depth discussions of perioperative heat balance, coagulation disorders, pacemaker implantation, cardiac output measurement, cardiopulmonary bypass, shelter anesthesia and pain management, anesthetic risk assessment, principles of anesthetic pharmacology, and more
- Now printed in color, with more than 400 images
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kurt A. Grimm, DVM, MS, PhD, DACVAA, DACVCP, is the Founder of Veterinary Specialist Services, Conifer, Colorado, USA.
Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, DACVAA, is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
William J. Tranquilli, DVM, MS, DACVAA, is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine and the President of Veterinary Outdoor Recreation and Continuing Education (VORCE) Inc., USA.
Stephen A. Greene, DVM, MS, DACVAA, is Professor in Anesthesiology at Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, USA.
Sheilah A. Robertson, BVMS (Hons), PhD, DACVAA, DECVAA, DACAW, DECAWBM (WSEL), Specialist in Welfare Science, Ethics and Law, MRCVS, is Associate Professor in Anesthesia at Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
“Overall, this edition has undergone major improvements; the chapters are well written and organized with updated information. This book will be a valuable addition to the library of any veterinarian with an interest in anesthesia and analgesia.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 December 2015)
“More than 80 contributors bring their knowledge, experience and in many cases their teaching skills to a tool which represents the latest reference in the field.” (Vet Nurses Today, 1 October 2015)
“This book provides a complete and excellent practice stock text for anaesthesia and analgesia and is so well written that it is a pleasure to read.” (Veterinary Record, 3 October 2015)
"This comprehensive book is a must have for veterinarians who perform anesthesia or provide analgesia. It is essential for exotic, zoo, and laboratory animal veterinarians and would be very helpful for veterinary students to help augment lectures on these topics." (Choice 2016)
"The fifth Edition of Lumb and Jones Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia is a reference book for veterinary practice, to be owned by all clinicians working on a daily basis with anaesthesia of companion animals or different types of challenging patients and procedures requiring anaesthesia. It is highly recommended reading material for all ECVAA residents" (EJCAP Spring 2017)
|Kategorie:||Chirurgie & ortopedie & anestezie|
Buďte první, kdo napíše příspěvek k této položce.
Pouze registrovaní uživatelé mohou vkládat články. Prosím přihlaste se nebo registrujte.