Veterinary Echocardiography, 2nd Edition – June A. Boon
Detailní popis produktu
Now thoroughly updated to address advances in technology, including better transducers, tissue harmonic imaging, better color flow mapping, and color and spectral tissue Doppler imaging, this second edition provides an authoritative, comprehensive resource for echocardiographers of all levels of experience.
The Second Edition has been restructured to be more user-friendly, with chapters on acquired and congenital heart diseases broken down into shorter disease-specific chapters. Key changes include the addition of normal tissue Doppler technique, as well as five new appendices, covering topics such as normal reference ranges and an exam checklist. Veterinary Echocardiography, Second Edition builds on the success of the previous edition to provide complete information on obtaining echocardiograms in veterinary medicine.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
June A. Boon, MS, is an Echocardiographer at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO.
“This is a welcome update. To my knowledge, there is no other book dedicated solely to veterinary echocardiography.” (Doody’s, 29 June 2012)
“June A. Boon’s Veterinary Echocardiography (978081382850, $149.99) appears in a fully revised second updated edition to provide an in-depth reference to the ultrasound of the heart.” (The Midwest Book Review, 1 January 2012)
- Fully revised edition of the classic text in veterinary echocardiography, now thoroughly updated to address advances in technology
- Covers the technical aspects of obtaining two-dimensional, M-mode, and Doppler examinations in both small and large domestic species, with accompanying pictures to demonstrate these techniques
- Includes coverage of echocardiographic examination assessment and echocardiographic features of common cardiac diseases, including acquired valvular diseases, features of systemic and pulmonary hypertension, myopathies, pericardial effusion and cardiac masses, congenital shunts, and stenotic lesions
- Key points in the text regarding technique and diagnostic criteria are drawn out in text boxes and tables for easy and quick reference
- Offers detailed guidelines for using and interpreting diagnostic echocardiograms
- Provides a comprehensive reference and instruction manual for echocardiographers of all experience levels