Veterinary Microbiology, 3rd Edition – D. Scott McVey, Melissa Kennedy, M. M. Chengappa
Detailní popis produktu
Organized into four sections, the Third Edition begins with an updated and expanded introductory section on infectious disease pathogenesis, diagnosis and clinical management. The second section covers bacterial and fungal pathogens, and the third section describes viral diseases and viruses. The final section presents a systematic approach of describing infection and disease of animals. Equally useful for beginning veterinary students and seasoned practitioners, Veterinary Microbiology offers a thorough introduction and reference text for veterinary infectious disease.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Scott McVey, DVM, PhD, DACVM, is Past President of ACVM and the Research Leader for the Arthropod-Borne Animal Diseases Unit (USDA, Agricultural Research Service) in Manhattan, KS.
Melissa Kennedy, DVM, PhD, DACVM, is Past President of ACVM and Associate Professor and Director of the Biomedical and Diagnostic Sciences Department, College of Veterinary Medicine at University of Tennessee, in Knoxville, TN.
M.M. Chengappa, BVSc, MVSc, MS, PhD, is Past President of ACVM and a University Distinguished Professor and Head of the Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology Department in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.
Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial Disease, Second Edition
By P. J. Quinn, B. K. Markey, F. C. Leonard, P. Hartigan, S. Fanning, and E. S. FitzPatrick
Pathogenesis of Bacterial Infections in Animals, Fourth Edition
Edited by Carlton L. Gyles, J.F. Prescott, Glenn Songer, and Charles O. Thoen
Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, Eighth Edition
Edited by Anne M. Zajac and Gary A. Conboy
“This book should be in the library or on the desk of anyone interested in the study of veterinary Microbiology.” (JAVMA, 15 December 2014)
Veterinary Microbiology companion website features review questions and answers and the figures from the book for download into PowerPoint.
- Provides a broad overview of veterinary microbiology and infectious disease
- Now in full color with improved images throughout
- Fully updated to incorporate current research
- Offers a brief review of microbial cell structure and function, increased emphasis on pathogenesis
- Takes a comparative approach to describing both differences and similarities of diseases across many affected species
- Includes access to a companion website offering the review questions and answers and figures for download into PowerPoint at wiley.com/go/mcvey/microbiology
|Kategorie:||Imunologie & parazitologie & virologie & infekce|