Veterinary Technician's Large Animal Daily Reference Guide – Amy D'Andrea, Jessica Sjogren
Detailní popis produktu
With chapter topics ranging from anatomy and nutrition to emergency and critical care, the book’s coverage includes both the basics of veterinary care and more specialized nursing procedures. Veterinary Technician’s Large Animal Daily Reference Guide is an invaluable tool for any veterinary technician working with large animals, as well as veterinary technology students seeking more information on these species.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Amy D'Andrea, BS, MEd, CVT, VTS (EVN), is an instructor at the New England Institute of Technology Veterinary Technology Program in Warwick, Rhode Island, USA.
Jessica Sjogren, BS in Veterinary Technology, CEST, is an emergency technologist at VCA South Shore Animal Hospital in South Weymouth, Massachusetts, USA.
“Overall, the book sets out to provide current data on the daily responsibilities of the large animal veterinary technician in an accessible format. There is no reason why it should not also be a useful guide for newly qualified vets and veterinary nurses.” (Veterinary Record, 6 September 2014)
“Overall, this book is a very good reference that will help technicians quickly review and perform many required tasks. Given its extensive bibliography, it also provides a starting point for additional study with crossreferences to standard textbooks and scientific articles.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 June 2014)
Corrected version of Chapter 3
- Provides fast access to all the information large animal technicians need in daily practice
- Offers comprehensive coverage of all aspects of a veterinary technician’s responsibilities
- Presents information on a wide range of topics, including preventative health care, internal medicine, nursing care, radiography, and pharmacology
- Encompasses both basic and advanced techniques, making it an ideal reference for veterinary technicians of any skill level
- Uses tables and charts for rapid retrieval of essential details
- Covers horses, cattle, small ruminants, and pigs