Veterinary Techniques for Llamas and Alpacas – David E. Anderson, Meredyth L. Jones, Matt D. Miesner
Detailní popis produktu
Each procedure is described in detail, with a consistent format for ease of use and accompanying photographs to illustrate the concepts described. A companion website offers videos of many of the procedures discussed in the book. Veterinary Techniques for Llamas and Alpacas is an essential resource for any veterinarian or technical staff member treating South American camelid patients.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
David E. Anderson, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVS, is Professor of Large Animal Clinical Sciences at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee.
Meredyth L. Jones, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVIM, is Assistant Professor, Food Animal Field Services, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
Matt D. Miesner, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVIM, is Associate Professor, Agricultural Practices Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas.
“With coverage ranging from basic maintenance such as restraint and catheterization to more complex procedures such as minimally invasive surgery, Veterinary Techniques for Llamas and Alpacasdescribes the full range of techniques required for the medical management of these species.” (Quest, 21 April 2014)
“This is a very valuable addition to the library of mixed-animal practitioners. The range of topics, along with the simplicity of the text and the thoroughness of the visual aids, will enable veterinarians, inexperienced or seasoned, to provide a better standard of care to camelids with more confidence.” (Doody’s, 16 September 2013)
“The format lends to at-a-glance reference or full study while the discussions provide keys for vets and any staff members dealing with llamas and alpacas. Highly recommended for any veterinary reference collection, and for vets working with large animals.” (Midwest Book Reviews, 1 August 2013)
Veterinary Techniques for Llamas and Alpacas companion website features video clips depicting many of the procedures described in the book.
- Presents a complete, well-illustrated patient-side manual for veterinary techniques in llamas and alpacas
- Offers authoritative guidance on how to perform varying procedures, based on the authors’ wide range of experience
- Covers techniques ranging from basic to advanced
- Provides color photographs throughout to depict specific steps
- Aids veterinarians and technicians in confidently performing veterinary techniques in these species
- Includes a companion website offering videos of many of the procedures described at www.wiley.com/go/andersonveterinary