Pilates for Horses – Laura Reiman
Detailní popis produktu
The result is a cohesive series of original exercises that can be taken in parts or as a whole and seamlessly incorporated into an existing training program to be a:
- Preventive tool to increase the horse’s strength, balance, mobility, and stability.
- Framework for a new program to help ease a horse back into work following an injury or time off.
Readers will find chapters dedicated to:
- Observation—basic anatomy and how to “know” your horse’s body and movement.
- Stretching—including incentive stretches, supported static hold, and dynamic mobilization stretches.
- Core work—such as the Cat Stretch and Bridging.
- In-hand strengthening work—like varied surfaces and ground pole progressions.
- Exercises on the longe line—transitions, bending, and spiraling.
- Lessons under saddle—gymnastics, hills, and basic dressage.
- Alternative bodywork—temperature therapy, massage, stability pads, bands, and more.
Pilates for Horses is an ideal instructional guide for all riders and trainers looking to build and maintain a solid foundation of strength and comfort for their horses.
Laura Reiman is a member of the Pilates Method Alliance and a PMA® Certified Pilates Teacher. She is an avid eventer and documents her journey with her young off-the-track Thoroughbred whose sore back inspired her to develop a program of Pilates-type exercises specifically with the horse in mind.
|Nakladatel:||Trafalgar Square (10 Jun. 2021)|
|Rozměry:||21.84 x 2.03 x 21.59 cm|