Veterinary Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, and Cytology, 3rd Edition – M. A. Thrall, G. Weiser, R. W. Allison, T. W. Campbell
Detailní popis produktu
A clear and concise guide to veterinary laboratory diagnostic techniques and interpretation
The newly revised Third Edition of Veterinary Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, and Cytology delivers a thorough and focused exploration of the basic principles of veterinary lab testing and diagnosis, as well as the cytology, hematology, and chemistry of common domestic and non-domestic species. The book offers readers an expanded wealth of clinical case presentations, providing case data and narrative discussions designed to promote skill development.
The book is packed with information useful to veterinary students, technicians, pathologists, and researchers, and includes access to a companion website that offers clinical cases and the figures from the book in PowerPoint. Heavily and clearly illustrated, with a strong practical emphasis, this latest edition includes a brand-new section on veterinary cytology and a chapter on laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases as well as updated information throughout that keeps pace with the rapidly developing field of clinical pathology.
The book includes:
- A comprehensive overview of laboratory testing and diagnosis principles, with unique emphases on interpretive perspectives and slide preparation techniques.
- A complete treatment of hematopathology of domestic animal species, organized by erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets, bone marrow, hemostasis, and transfusion medicine.
- A comprehensive treatment of clinical biochemistry in domestic animals organized by organ system, including electrochemical evaluation of electrolyte and acid-base pathology.
- A complete treatment of domestic animal cytology organized by both common collection sites and principles of inflammation, infectious agents, and neoplasia.
- Complete sections covering practical treatment of hematology and clinical biochemistry of non-domestic mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, and amphibians.
Veterinary Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, and Cytology is a one-stop reference on veterinary laboratory diagnostic techniques and interpretation ideally suited for veterinary students, veterinary technicians, general practitioners, and specialists.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mary Anna Thrall DVM, MS, DACVP, is Professor of Veterinary Clinical Pathology in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in St. Kitts, West Indies and Professor Emerita, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
Glade Weiser DVM, DACVP, retired as Professor, clinical pathologist, and former Head in the Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
Robin W. Allison DVM, PhD, DACVP, retired at the rank of Professor from Oklahoma State University’s Center for Veterinary Health Sciences in Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA.
Terry W. Campbell, DVM, PhD, is Associate Professor Emeritus ofZoological Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins Colorado, USA.
|Kategorie:||Farmakologie & toxikologie & chemie|